Welcome Guest

Navigation

Interact with rile5.com

Welcome to rile5.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Oak Tree

oak tree oak tree thomas memorial day

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

OFFLINE   Thomas

Thomas

frozen has changed my outlook on life

• Moderators
  • 4953 posts

For visual people: Pictures:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, I decided to post this.

Long story short: An oak tree fell on my house on May 30, 2011 on a very calm night -- calmest of my life. I'm still not in my house. Taking forever. School begins August 6, 2012, which sucks, and we're a long way from finished. Kthx.

So last year, May 30, Memorial Day (2011)..... well, it was about 3AM. It was probably the most calmest night the world has ever felt where I live. Behind our beautiful and big house is a tall oak tree, 10x the average size of a normal oak tree. Then it has three limbs; which are the average size of an oak tree. My dad and I were asleep, and my Mom was awake. She was in our kitchen, walking towards our game room. All of a sudden, the ground shook. The windows in the dining room, kitchen, and gaming room collided into the room. A loud noise then boomed, like an airplane crashing. Then, it was all over. Down stairs in the dining room, kitchen, and gaming room was a ruck-us. You wouldn't believe upstairs though. Let me go from my point of view. So, funny story: I stayed up a full 48 hours the two nights before. I was planning to stay up for three full days, but I literally fell over. The oak tree did not wake me up; it was my mom screaming. My dad woke up from the oak tree, though. I woke up in pitch black. I could hardly believe, it was obviously dusty in my bedroom. My dad opened the door with two of our dogs - Duffy and Dingo. Duffy is an English Pointer, white with black spots. Dingo is a mutt, purely black dog. He told me to be quiet and stay in my room, and closed the door again. I was actually crying. I could tell something horrible happened. And my merl chihuahua, Chopper, was missing. My mom eventually found him under our PILATES in my mom and dad's bedroom (we bought the first pink-purple color one - for fun). Around 4AM, an hour later, my dad got me and took me outside. I asked what happened, and the only thing my dad said was:
"The oak tree fell on our house."
I was petrified. The oak finally let loose. On the most calm night. It survived hurricanes, and it was a million years old. Yet it had to fall on Memorial Day of 2011. I was in my pajamas. Neighbors were peaking out their windows. My grandparents and aunt who lived fairly close to us (on my mom's side) rushed to our house. So did our local firefighters, police (who thought it was some attack), CBS news reporters, technicians, engineers, even a construction crew. Here's what sucked most: our house, that year, was about 96 years old. Back in the day, they used dangerous things to construct houses: asbestos and lead paint. Our house was filled with these chemicals. We could have easily died. On the contrary, our house is also made of strong wood material called oak. Modern houses are made by weak wood material. If it wasn't for that strong oak wood material, the whole house would've been destroyed, and we would be dead. Another creepy fact - you know how I wanted to stay up for a full 72 hours? Well, I usually am in this beanbag on our second story with my computer, books, things like that. If I hadn't fallen asleep, I would be dead. A huge chunk of roof fell right over my beanbag. It flipped to the other side covered with extremely sharp nails that fell on the beanbag. It literally exploded the beanbag. I would have been crushed, by nails. Sharp ones. There were live wires in our backyard that engineers and technicians had to cut. Our grandparents offered us to stay at their place, so we did for about a month. Then we moved to a very luxurious hotel. We had to change rooms because of the threatening general manager. Asbestos leaked in the hotel, and it was it's 100th anniversary. The G.M. wouldn't let any of us leave, or not at least me. Eventually, my grandparents stormed in and took me. The G.M. is in pretty much trouble now. We're staying at an apartment complex, very nice and better than the hotel, but we might have to move yet again.
I may edit this post later to give more information, but I'm so lazy right now. So yeah, now I have to share my computer with my mom, it's a MacBook Pro, can't get a Windows because we have to save money, blah blah blah. Oh well.

That's all I have to say.
  • matei, Brady, Deception and 8 others like this

OFFLINE   Skatez

Skatez

Le Skatez

• Members
  • 172 posts
  • Programming:JavaScript, Java, Python.
Epic story, so if you didn't fall asleep you where dead, I LOVE SLEEPING, I can sleep like 15 hours... Well, good luck m8.

OFFLINE   MrFox

MrFox

Zeta

• Members
  • 3579 posts
Epic Story... o:

OFFLINE   iAustin

iAustin

Respected User

• Members
  • 1457 posts
Wow.

OFFLINE   lkdfbdbgls jafdjsfds

lkdfbdbgls jafdjsfds

• Members
  • 115 posts
all that matters is that everyone is safe. you can replace houses, but you can't replace lives.
I know that this isn't half as bad, but my dad got this brand new porsche 911, then the next day, a tree fell on it in the middle of the night. fuck.

OFFLINE   Courage

Courage

Nature Lover and Designer

• Members
  • 1268 posts
It's good you and your family are still alive!

Guest_Syntax_*

Guest_Syntax_*
  • Guests
that sucks

OFFLINE   iAustin

iAustin

Respected User

• Members
  • 1457 posts

that sucks

You have the same name that my best friend has..... But it's spelt Ismael.
Sorry for the off-topic ness.

Guest_Syntax_*

Guest_Syntax_*
  • Guests

You have the same name that my best friend has..... But it's spelt Ismael.
Sorry for the off-topic ness.

lol, nice. my name isn't really that popular, but it's good to see other Ishmael's out there.

OFFLINE   Marie

Marie

Mother Mary

• Banned
  • 3213 posts
TL;DR.
Posted Image
Getting c**c*r all over this thread.

OFFLINE   rewrite

rewrite

rewrite

• Banned
  • 347 posts
  • Location:Pony's are not just horses, they are an art. Oh my location is in Ca..
  • Programming:Pony-art, Objective C, PHP, Perl, and Python.
Epic!

OFFLINE   MrFox

MrFox

Zeta

• Members
  • 3579 posts
Posted Image

OFFLINE   Slider

Slider

lolwut

• Members
  • 2670 posts
Sorry to hear, but what caused it to fall, and did it only fall on you're house?

OFFLINE   є∂∂ιє82

є∂∂ιє82

Graphic Designer And Rile5 Member

• Members
  • 468 posts
  • Programming:-
    Graphic Designer
    Html [ 75% ]
    CCS [30%]
    PHP
    C#
very nice put together story but :o

ONLINE   Demise

Demise

• Members
  • 2240 posts
omg.. so scary. If a tree fell right in my bedroom I would scream and run out of the house...

OFFLINE   William

William

was

• Members
  • 940 posts
dammit no pic?
we had to cut our oak or it would of fell on my room (it got struck by lightning and rotted out)

ONLINE   Thomas

Thomas

frozen has changed my outlook on life

• Moderators
  • 4953 posts

dammit no pic?
we had to cut our oak or it would of fell on my room (it got struck by lightning and rotted out)

I have pictures, but they're on my phone and I'm not going to bother uploading them just yet.

OFFLINE   Ben

Ben

Administrator

• Members
  • 3855 posts
  • Programming:Java
A tree fell on my dads's Jeep last year...

OFFLINE   Parker

Parker

Veteran Member

• Members
  • 2308 posts
  • Programming:Check my signature
Fun:)

OFFLINE   Maverick

Maverick

I'm kind of a big deal.

• Members
  • 230 posts
tl;dr

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: oak, tree, oak tree, thomas, memorial day