As a member of the Rile5.com community, you are expected to abide by the following rules. Any user who fails to do so runs the risk of being blocked from our services.
General forum rules
- Do not make topics to ask simple questions (i.e "Should I make a tutorial on how to do this?"). Use statuses for the question and a topic for the actual subject.
- Do not update your status excessively. Try to keep it below five times an hour, that shouldn't be hard.
- Do not spam the boards. Spam is classified as anything that does not contribute to the topic being discussed.
- Do not double post (example of double posting). Should you need to clarify/change something in a post of yours, use the built in post editing feature.
- Try to avoid engaging in long, maclicious arguments on the public boards; if you encounter an issue with another user, it should be dealt with in private conversation.
- Flaming in any sort is not allowed, unless clearly implied as playful to both parties.
- Do not discuss or distribute adult/explicit (or otherwise illegal) content/media through the forum.
- Users should not attempt to act as "backseat" moderators; the boards are moderated by our staff, and our staff alone.
- You are not to allowed to grave dig/bump threads that are older than 2 months. Bumping happens when a user replies to a thread that has been inactive for 2 months or longer. A user maybe warned if they comment in an already bumped thread. (Fine notice: http://rl5.in/bumping)
- The use of one word posts are prohibited because it is considered low quality. An image & 1 word together in a post is now considered a two word post. However, one image, or just one word, by it's self is considered a one word post, which is prohibited.
- Multiple accounts will not be tolerated, unless permission is issued by an ADMINISTRATOR.
- When appealing for a ban from a previous account, the account that you posting the ban appeal with MUST contain the word 'BanAppeal' in it's name to ensure moderators know it is an account intended for ban appeal, and not a double account.
- The maximum height of signature images must be less than 190px or in a spoiler.
- Complaining about the loss of reputation points is banned and when done multiple times punished by a warning.
- Do not abuse reputation, abide by the guidelines etc set out here.
- Any kind of reputation exchange is forbidden.
- You will not post or embed, any content, or media that affect a member's computer, the performance of a members computer, or causes rebooting of a members computer.
- Please don't private message staff members regarding a problem. Use the Report Button and Report Center.
- Do not make a topic in the buy/sell category unless you are ACTUALLY SELLING the item. Topics that are fraudulent are counted as spam.
- Do not suggest anyone to be banned or demoted. This goes for promotions too.
- Staff reserve the right to suspend, or ban a user for any amount of time, without warning the user if they have a sufficient reason. You have the right to appeal this ban.
- Do not post Visitor2cash.com links, or sites like it on Rile5.com.
- Users with access to the source code boards are not permitted to leak anything from them.
- Although it's only a minor issue, we request that users search the forum before asking for support. Typically, you will be able to find a person who has asked the same exact question before, and then be able to use that information to solve your problem.
- Please. PLEASE do not chat speak.
- No "coming soon" posts!
- Do not advertise any CPPS that is created with CPPSHost/MyCP.PS, or any other CPPS generator.
- Do not spam statuses with your CPPS/project either.
(Since nobody seems to understand this rule, quick explanation: if a link is posted and currently among the latest statuses displayed, there is zero need to copy the status and spam the statuses with it.)
- Four warning points can be an instant one week content post ban (remove ability to post threads, replies, statuses) from any moderator or administrator.
- Exceeding nine points (entering double digits) may result in a permanent suspension. If this happens to you, you may make an appeal account (but that does not guarantee gaining access to the forums).
Ban appeal rules
- Add BANAPPEAL to the end of your ONE ban appeal account - you are NOT permitted to have more than one ban appeal account.
- If your ban appeal is denied, you MUST NOT create a new account, under a different alias (we'll find out and you will be indefinetely IP banned).
- You must only open one ban appeal thread ("topic"). Your appeal(s) will be denied automatically if you make more than one ban appeal.
- Do not appeal a warning.
- You ARE NOT permitted to do the following under a ban appeal account
- create statuses
- give likes ("reputation") to other users
- or make topics in ANY other area of the forums other than the ban appeal forum
- You must make it clear which of your account(s) (remember, you are only allowed ONE ((other than a ban appeal)) account on the forum) you are appealing.
- You CANNOT appeal on behalf of a user.
- Include the reason why you were banned.
- Do not use offensive comments in your appeal regarding users or staff members.
- At the end of your ban appeal include the following
- Ban length
- Who banned you
- Warning points included (if applicable)
- Summary of your ban
- Report ANY rule breaking via the report button. Do NOT point out the rule breaking on the topic where the rule was broken as it leads to an off-topic mess.
- Please include a http://virustotal.com or http://virscan.org/ link in all your uploads.
- Visitor2cash.com, and any other site like it are a scam.
Short link: http://rl5.in/rulesmarch28thupdate.